I roast my first chicken the other day, it was VERY good.
Inside the chicken I put chunks of lemon, a sprig of fresh rosemary and a few cloves of garlic.
I then rubbed butter with dried rosemary and a little dijon mustard all over underneath the skin of the chicken.
I roasted for 2 hours at 350 (last half hour I turned it down to 325 because the skin was getting very crunchy). It turned out beautifully! Very juicy and tender! (now I just need to learn how to make gravy! I can’t seem to get it right)
I served my chicken with garlic mashed potatoes and a raspberry vinaigrette salad!
Garlic Mashed potatoes
- boil potatoes and a few cloves of garlic until potatoes can easily be pierced with a fork
- drain potatoes and garlic in colander, add back to pot
- saute a few crushed garlic cloves in olive oil until soft (not crunchy) in a pan
- add garlic and olive oil to potatoes
- add milk and butter to potatoes until smooth consistency
- Mash them all together and add some grated parmesan cheese if you would like
- berries or sliced apple or pear
- nuts (cashews, almonds, walnuts or hazelnuts)
- cheese (blue or feta)
- raspberry vinaigrette
and of course…happy husband 🙂